Date: Feb 25, 2022
Location: Tanzania, Tanzania
Organization: African Union Commission – AUC
• Respect for Diversity and Team Work • Think Africa Above all
• Transparency and Accountability • Integrity and Impartiality
• Efficiency and Professionalism • Information and Knowledge Sharing
• Reports to: Documentalist – Legal Division
• Directorate: Registry of the Court
• Number of Direct reports: 0
• Job grade: GSA 4
• Contract type: Fixed-Term position (African Governance Architecture Support Project)
• Location: Arusha, Tanzania
Purpose of Job
To ensure proper documentation services through provision of efficient information and documentation to support the work of the Court.
• Implementation of the digitization project for both judicial case files and administrative records.
• Liaise with Court Clerks and Legal Officers on prioritized cases for digitization
• Upload documents into the Knowledge Management System and AU Common Repository
• Digitization of current and archival administrative documents and review scanned files and update or purge them as necessary for easy retrieval.
• Upload final scanned judicial decisions in the African Union Common Repository
• Keep backup of all scanned documents in safe location (preferably offsite) in case of disaster.
• Control the quality of the information captured in digital format and ensure confidentiality of classified information.
• Ensure compliance with relevant AU policies legislation and regulations relating to documents and records management;
• Optimize /re-size big files to the required size in the Electronic case Management System.
• Perform any other duties as required.
Academic Requirements and Relevant Experience
• Advanced Certificate of Secondary School Education and a Diploma in either Records Management, Archival / Documentation Studies, Information Management from a recognized educational institution.
• A higher qualification (university degree or postgraduate diploma) in any of the above-mentioned disciplines will be an added advantage;
• Computer literacy and Information Technology skills is essential;
• A minimum of five (5) years relevant professional experience in digitization, archiving indexing or document management, operating heavy duty scanners or multifunctional copiers, preferably in an international organization.
• Demonstrate professionalism;
• Demonstrated ability to handle complex archival issues
• Good Planning and organizational skills, including ability to establish priorities and to plan, coordinate and monitor own work plan;
• Concentration and high level of accuracy;
• Respect for confidentiality and good public relations
• Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to work under pressure in a multi-cultural environment and under minimum supervision;
• Good communication skills;
• Knowledge of International Organizations
• Conceptual, analytical, and innovative problem-solving abilities
• Proficiency in one of the AU Official working languages. Good knowledge of at least one other language will be an added advantage.
..Teamwork and CollaborationResponsibilityLearning OrientationCommunicating with impact
Conceptual Thinking and Problem SolvingJob KnowledgeDrive for ResultsInnovation and taking initiative
TENURE OF APPOINTMENT:
Appointment to this post shall be based on a Fixed – Term contract for a period of one year. Thereafter, the contract may be renewed for the same period subject to satisfactory performance and availability of funds.
The African Court is an equal opportunity employer; qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply.
Proficiency in one of the AU working languages (Arabic, English, French, Portuguese, and Spanish) and fluency in another AU language is an added advantage
The overall salary for this post shall be US$49,367.20 (grade GSA4, step 5 -International) per year, for internationally recruited staff, and US$ 18,679.28 (grade GSA4, Step 5 – Local) per year, for locally recruited staff. This global salary includes all allowances.
Applications must be made not later than 28 March 2022.
Requisition ID: 989
NB: Candidates who previously applied for this position are encouraged to reapply through the aforementioned website.